We have collected the most frequent questions from supporters about NFC ticketing in one place, to help you find the information you need. Click on any of the questions above to jump to its answer.
1. How do I download and open my NFC ticket on an Apple phone?
We have a step-by-step guide on how to download your pass to your Apple phone on our
NFC page here
2. How do I download and open my NFC ticket on an Android Phone?
2.1. Android phones with NFC
We have a step-by-step guide on how to download your pass to your Android phone on our
NFC page here
2.2. Older Android phones without NFC
If your Android phone doesn't have NFC, you can still use your phone to access the stadium. Follow the Android step-by-step guide on our
NFC page here
, but when you get to Step 3 read the instructions about how to 'show barcode' instead of tapping your card to the reader.
3. I am accompanying one or more juniors without phones to a match - how does this work?
We understand that some junior supporters will not have a phone. As the accompanying adult, you should
log into their account on your phone before the match, and download their season's NFC pass to your phone as the accompanying adult. This means you will have multiple passes on your phone.
When you approach the turnstile, select your junior's pass first from your Google Pay/Apple Wallet, touch it to the reader and let your junior proceed through the turnstile. Then, select your own pass, tap it to the reader and enter.
4. How do I give my ticket to someone else if I can't attend?
Season ticket holders and official Members unable to attend matches will still be able to forward their ticket using a temporary option called Ticket Distribution; this is different to the ticket transfer option in that supporters will be able to forward their ticket by providing the name, email address and mobile number of the supporter attending. The person attending does not have to be an official Member or be part of your Friends & Family list, but they must be able to access the stadium using the new NFC technology.
Full details on how to use the ticket distribution option can be found
Transfer dates for all other home matches will be available
5. How to download a ticket that has been distributed to you.
Distributed tickets work the same as tickets you have bought yourself:
- You will receive an email to say you have been distributed a ticket, with a PDF file attached
- Open the PDF file and tap on the 'Add to Apple Wallet' or 'GPay - Save to phone' button
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add the distributed ticket to your phone, ready for use
How to download your NFC pass from your ticket email
6. How do I use my NFC ticket at the ground?
When you're at the front of the turnstile queue, open your pass and then touch your phone to the reader. For more information, you can watch our introduction video on how NFC works and how to use your ticket at the ground
7. How to find the barcode on the back of your NFC ticket if you need to (e.g. NFC not working/not available on your phone)
These instructions only apply for Android phones.
- Open the Google Pay app on your phone
- Tap on your Season Ticket/Members pass in the app
- Tap on ‘show code’ at the bottom of your pass
- Your phone will display a barcode on the screen